News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: question I was asked today after class that stumped me...,

Cman34677 - Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:37 pm

Alright so the guy can't get his temperature anywhere close to 98.6 unless he has a fever, what gives? He is hypogonadic and the doc tried Test but even on cycle it won't come up so I doubt it has anything to do with that. Is this a thyroid related problem, or something to do with his metabolism? (He was not overweight and had a fairly musclular build so i odn't believe it to be this) Over the past 2 weeks He's been monitoring it and it's averaged 94.9 degrees, he says he's freezing even when the house is hot and his wife and kids are complaining they're sweating. thoughts???

Is it maybe a cause of depression?

I'm just stumped

Cman
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:48 pm

User avatar Have they tested him for Hypopituitarism, Adrenal Hypoplasia or Hypothalamic Dysfunction - Does he have any of the other symptoms of Kallmann's Syndrome?
 Cman34677 - Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:01 pm

he said he was tested for hypo and hyperthyroidism and both came back negative.

He says he has the following symptoms Depression,Difficulty in losing weight, Dry Skin, Headaches, Lethargy and fatigue, Recurrent infections, Sensitivity to cold, and sweats profusely when he eats.

it sounds like hypothyroidism to me, but I'm really not sure at all

what do you think?
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:14 pm

User avatar Does he have adult-onset idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism or Kallmann's Syndrome? Did he use steroids in his younger years to cause hypogonadism? It may be something to do with hypopituitarism, has he had his pituitary and hypothalamus tested?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here