Question: Hypothyroidism and Fibomyalgia

arielle - Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 pm

i am 16 and i was wondering if u could help me. i have been very tired and have very little energy every day. i was a sick baby so this is nothing new. i have had joinjt pain ever since i can remember. i have been on synthroid 25mcg since nov. 2009 for hypothyroidism and i feel a little better but i still never feel good. My symptoms are: frequent migraines, constant joint and muscle pain, sensitivity to touch (everything hurts me), trouble sleeping due to pain, extreme sensitivity to cold, very sore throat for over 3 years now, frequent viruses and strep throat (but my throat hurts all the time, not just when i have strep), swollen lymph nodes, salmon colored rash on legs that comes and goes and is sometimes on my shoulders too, fevers as high as 106.3 and a temperature as low as 91.2. i can't do anything fun like go to Disneyland without getting a lot of pain and either a very high or very low temperature. Last time we went i had a lot of trouble breathing and it wasn't asthma. i just felt like i couldn't get a breath and it stayed that way all night. in the morning i could breathe again. My mom thinks my thyroid is not under control with the synthroid even tho my blood tests say it is. she wants me on armour, from real pigs - yuck. is it worth trying? could it be my adrenal gland? my thyroid? some doctors say i have arthritis and one says i don't even tho i have a positive rh factor.

i am getting very tired of constantly resting on the couch. i have been homeschooled for the past 4 years bcuz i am too sick to go to school, and i really want to be a teacher. i want to go to college starting next fall. oh yeah, and i throw up about twice a month.

i have never been overweight. i have extreme sensitivity to light. yeah, that's about it, i think.
 Animom70 - Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Ask your prents to tell the doctor to give you a FULL thyroid panel, this is TSH,T3, and T4 blood testing. The pain is common with hypothyoid, sorry to say. I go through it everyday, but fibromyalgia is a common "side affect" of hypothyroid. Get checked, you need your meds upped. I had my thyroid partialy removed and then "killed" with radiation several years ago and now am taking 300mcg of levoxyl, no fun and I still feel lke dirt. Asked my doctor about T3 meds to supplement what my thyroid isn't maiking and have to wait for the blood work and to see an endo for it.
I wish you luck.

|