News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Hormone / Testosterone Levels & Symptoms

joeykinnz - Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Not feeling well and can't find a doctor to do any decent tests to find out. I feel like I need my Testosterone Tested. Here are my symptoms:

- Dry Skin, very severe on testicles and scalp
- Hair thinning all over body (not baldness style - on specific parts of scalp and arms)
- Low Libido
- Irritability
- Weight
- Hard time concentrating (Adderall helps, but he's on a high dosage 2x daily, and it wears off weird)
- Slight Depression
- General Anxiety
- Extremely fatigued - 9+ hours a night, sleeps on our drive home from work (my wife drives me) for 2 hours BOTH ways, then takes a 1-2 hr nap when we get HOME!

ty
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:26 am

User avatar Hello,While hypogonadism could cause quite a few of the symptoms you have mentioned,yet at your age group there are less chances of the same.You need to get a proper clinical examination and investigations like CBC,urine analysis etc to rule out other common conditions like iron deficiency,B12 and protein deficiencies.Infact though uncommon, taking raw eggs could precipitate a Biotin deficiency with features of hair thinning,dry skin especially of scalp and testicles,lethargy and depression.
Indeed testosterone levels needto be studied but many such cases present with obesity,and metabolic syndrome.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here