News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Thyroid ultrasound was normal and blood levels were normal

MamaSadieBell - Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

My thyroid ultrasound came back normal, and my blood levels were fine. I still feel tired and my muscles ache and I have a noticable lump in my throat. I also have times int he day when I feel like I am going to pass out. My Dr is wanting to write it off as post partum issues. Could it really be that? I had my baby over a year ago. Should I get a second opinion or just try to ignore the lump in my throat?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 pm

User avatar Hi,
Thank you for the post. Could you be a little more specific? By 'throat', do you mean inside your throat or over the front of your neck?

There are several other swellings that can occur in the neck region apart from the thyroid swellings.If present, they need to be investigated.

I recommend that you should get back to your doctor and bring that suspected swelling to his/her attention.
Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here