Question: My Doctor is 95 years old, please help

coopoo - Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:19 pm

:oops:
I have been going to a 95 year old doctor who has not been able to give me a diagnosis, yet has done a few tests. The blood and urine test have come up with nothing out of the usual. Please give me a direction to where to start looking for an answer. My symtoms are:

*extreme thirst constantly drinking water
*headache Behind eyes and back of head (daily)
*dizzyness associated with lightheadedness (accelerated to daily)
*nausea accosiated with lightheadedness and headache
I am experiacing these symtoms ever day now. I had these symtoms years ago, and they went away without treatment. However the extreme thirst is new, and the symtoms are not going away. The sickness is affecting my work and social life. I am extemely anxious about the sickness.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:00 pm

User avatar Dear Shannon,

Thank you very much for using our website.

How old are you? Do you have chronic disease for which take chronic medications? Where do you live? Has the summer where you live been hotter and more humid than usual? Do you have frequency of urination in addition to thirst and drinking water all the time? Do you wake up at night to urinate and how frequent and what is the volume of the urine? What is your salt intake like?

Regarding the headache, dizziness and nausea. Do you have ringing in the ears or loss of hearing? Do you have blurring of vision? Do you wear glasses? Have you ever been seen an eye doctor or an ear, nose and throat doctor?

Regarding the thirst and drinking too much.
1. Could be just related to the hot weather that every body is experiencing.
2. It could be related to medications, some medications will give the sensation of a dry mouth and you will feel like you are thirsty and drink all the time.
3. Could be related to a new onset of diabetes.

You can take these ideas to your doctoe and start from there.

Once more, thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

|