News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Need thyroid help!

Rascal-wv - Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:20 pm

Hi,

I am a 43 year young lady who has Hoshimotos Thyroiditis/Hypothyroidism. I have been having a lot of problems with fluid weight gain that seems to be getting worse. In the past four months I have gained 35 pounds (I know it is not all fluid), just in the past two weeks I have gained 12 pounds I am sure this is fluid, it feels like I am "swelling up". The fluid gain is abdominal (upper and lower), hips, and legs (upper and lower. There is a dent left behind when I apply pressure. My head has been hurting for over 2 weeks. A few times in the last two weeks I have felt light headiness just not real bad. I take Synthroid 50 mcg,
I used to be on 88 mcg (about 5 months ago) could this be my problem?

Thank you,
Rascal-wv :(

Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 01, 2005 5:42 am

User avatar Hello Rascal-wv,
It could be the problem. I think you need to check your hormone levels (especially TSH).

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here