News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Why are some posts not answered?

Shells - Fri May 13, 2005 7:26 pm

I made a post over a concern I have about a lump in the center of my throat. I received no replies and have noticed that there are several post that knowone replied to. Why is this? Well, as much as I HATE going to the doctor, I have made an appt. for next Tuesday and hopefully will find out what this wobbly lump in my throat is.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat May 14, 2005 6:48 pm

User avatar Hi Shells,
First I would like to apologize for your unanswered post. There isn't one post on this forum any more or less important than another and are answered to the best of everyones ability. There are many posts to answer and only a few people willing to volunteer their time in doing so. With that being said, let's get to your problem. I am unable to locate your original post concerning the lump in your throat. Some things that give this sensation are during periods of stress and anxiety, muscle spasms cause this sensation. GERD is another condition that may cause a sensation of a lump feeling or food feeling like it is lodged. Are you having any other symptoms aside from the feeling of a lump in the throat? It is quite wise of you to have an evaluation to identify the underlying disorder.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Shells - Sat May 14, 2005 7:26 pm

Thank You for responding to my post. Yes, I do present with other symtoms. I have an actual pea size hard lump probably in the center of my thryroid and it feels like it moves around; however, it is painless. I have a very difficult time swallowing pills, food and often can't force food down thus very unattractively have to hock food back up to get it out of my throat. I don't eat out anymore as not to embarrass myself or my husband. My voice has deepened and sounds ruff/hoarse or raspy. I was just hoping someone would say, this is very common, lumps are normat, but like I said, I will start to find out answers on Tuesday and will let you know what the doctor has to say.... Thanx so much. :lol:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun May 15, 2005 4:55 am

User avatar Hi Shells,
I would like to say this is common and there is no need for concern. It absolutely warrants an evaluation. When you say "hard" lump, hard as like a rock or firm and rubbery? Since it feels like it moves around and is not firmly fixed, keep in mind this is encouraging..... I would certainly suggest that on your doctor's visit, labwork (specifically thyroid studies), electrolytes which should include a calcium level and an ultrasound, thyroid scan or CT scan to evaluate the anomaly. I would very much appreciate an update if you don't mind.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here