News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Is it a Hypothyroid???

rosebud84 - Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:34 pm

I often feel tired a lot, am nausias, dizzy, especially in the mornings. I have irregular menstrual cycles, headaches, and have unexplained weight gain all at once and it is impossible for me to loose. I also was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I think it might be a hypothyroid, What do you think it is?? Have you had the same symptoms I have and if so what do you have?? I am soo worried that it might be something serious but I've had blood tests recently and you'd think the doctors would have caught it if that's what I have, but I read somewhere that sometimes it's really hard to diagnose hypothyroidism. I've felt this way since as long as I can remember, for about 8 years or so, I'm 20 now. Can any body help me??? I'd Greatly appreciate any replys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

~Danielle

Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:06 pm

User avatar It is easy to diagnose hypothyroidism, a simple routinely done blood test is all it takes, but I am sure it was one of the first tests your doctor did.

Do you regularly see your OBGYN? It may be a hormonal problem.

There is absolutely no way to tell you your diagnosis. Fatigue is a universal complaint for most every disease, including depression. If you feel your doctor isn't helping you, see another one! :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here