News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Is something wrong with me? Please help!

Alhana - Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:57 pm

I seem to have a lot of things wrong with me. Maybe I am just paranoid. I'm not sure. It takes a long time for me to get well when I get sick. Like, three weeks for a cold. I get frequent urinary tract infections and frequent yeast infections. Even when tests for utis come up normal I discomfort in that area. I have seem to have excess vaginal discharge, though I have no basis to compare what is normal, so that may be nothing. I generally feel like crap a lot of the time. I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. The glands in my throat are swollen almost all the time, even when nothing else seems to be wrong and my throat is often a bit sore. I catch a cold almost every other month. My appetite is wierd, I often have no appetite at all, even when I haven't eaten all day (of course then there are days where I really pig out so maybe that's nothing). I often get pains in my lower back on the right side and in my lower abdomen on the same side. Could all of this be connected? Could all this be because I am simply not taking good enough care of myself or could it be a sickness of some sort? Please help! I don't have good insurance and they will only pay if I have a good reason for going!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:33 am

User avatar Alhana,
Sorry to hear about all those complaints.
How old are you? Have you ruled out diabetes? Do you have any relatives that are diabetic?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here