News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Huge Ulcers on the feet

Babbs815 - Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:44 pm

My, dad has huge ulcers on both his feet, his sugar level is always off, he just lost his right big toe nail, he can hardly walk anymore, he takes a shot every night, or he is suppose too, he lives alone, my sisters and I do what we can, but his feet have gotten so bad now, the "home health nurse" tells me it's {dry gangreen, and mushy gangree} there is no oder yet, but i'm very afraid of what we may be facing, he cant much see anymore, refuses to go into a nursing home, he is only 59 yrs old.
He is going to a foot doctor this coming week, but I know he doesnt take his shot every night, sometimes he drops his pills, but he is unable to see what he has dropped, but back to the issue at hand, what can i exspect the doctor to say or perhaps do concerning my dads feet, as they are always badly swollen, ontop of that the ulcers, he has had 1 toe already removed, I do hope they don't decide to take his feet off, I will have to make a big choice as of how to best care for him, any advice, torn and twisted inside, thanks for your time in reading this post.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:25 am

Well, what did the doctor have to say?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here