News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: lump in neck

stressed - Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:23 am

i have a lump in my neck under my ear about half way between my ear and shoulder. the lump is immobile, about the size of a pea. It doesn't really hurt when i push on it but it does send an aching pain down my neck into my shoulderblade, that stays for a while. i had bad strep throat about 1 1/2 months ago. don't know if it would cause problems in this area. Noticed about 3-4 weeks ago and there has been no change in size. Should I be worried.
 dskyxoxo - Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:21 pm

You may want to see an endocriologist (sp?) Thyriod Speicalist. 12 years ago when I was 20 my general doctor discovered a lump in my throat. I didn't even know I had it. Didn't hurt unless you pushed it. No other symptoms at all. It turned out to be thyriod cancer once it was removed is when the doctor found out.

But when in was in my neck, it never hurt.

See you doctor. Only HE/SHE can tell what kind of lump (nodule) it is and if it needs futher testing or possible removal. Mine had to be removed because no test were showing anything, everything kept coming back normal.

Good luck and God Bless!!!
 crestinblu - Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:17 am

I was recently discovered to have a lump on my thyroid during a catscan, I then had a ultrasound, which led to the discovery of a calcium deposit. Nothing was said to do about it, nor was I encouraged to see anyone else. It is not painful, but it is getting bigger. I have recently suffered from several different signs of malaise, night sweats, equilibrium problems, more headaches than usual, fatigue, I am not sure of all the symptoms, but, I am concerned I should pursue the lump issue. I have not had a menstrual cycle for several months. I am 48 yrs old with 2 children, I thought maybe it was hormones, but am now not so sure. I hope you can help me. Thank you for your time!!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here