Question: Thyroid Help

criscn64 - Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:17 pm

Im a 40 yro female, My problem is this ive seen 2 military doctors ( my husband is in the military) and they both tell me my thyroid is fine and that i have a lump on the back of it and they cant tell me why it keeps swelling.
Im having alot of the symptoms, lets say there are 80 symptoms well im having 75 of them, im taking vitamins, Herbs and pain killers to cope with it so i can function daily.
i cant lose weight, my face is so bloated it looks really bad, but they keep telling me im fine when i know im not. Is there a test i can ask for to put an end to it once and for all.
 tommygina - Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:26 pm

Find a different doctor who will help
TSH, t3 t4 and tsh free s/b tested, best drug therapy is armour thyroid for hashimotos
also have cortisol levels check, took me years for someone to believe my problems were not inmy head
good luck
 joann9298 - Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:02 am

i am also a military wife. I can relate to having them not find anything or tell you nothing is wrong. I know how my body feels, and them have someone tell you nothing. People start thinking that im a hypochondriac because its one sickness after another. But all symptoms can just be one big thing but the military drs don't see it because you so many different ones see you every time you go to them. email me if you want joann9298@yahoo.com

|