Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: My Big Toe and my feet

terogew - Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:34 am

For some reason, and I thought mybe do to my work boots being steel toe that is was making my big toe feel like it's asleep all the time or numb feeling, also so when I stay feet for a period of time when I stand back on my feet they are in a lot of pain. I when to a foot doctor but he just told me to do a foot stretch not helping, What could be my problem????
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:28 am

User avatar Hi terogew,
If you toe is going numb it sounds like you may have some nerve compression. Have you notified the physician that the suggestions you were given has provided no relief? Also, if you have diabetes have you been evaluated for any type of peripheral vascular disease? My suggestion would be to notify and inform him/her that you are still experiencing pain.

|