News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Enlarged thyroid

taldrich - Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:28 am

I think it would be best if I started out with an over view of my medical history. I will make it short. I've had medical problems since I was 2 and an enlarged thyroid since I was 6 ( Iam now 20). I'm always sick and lately have been experincing extreme fatigue. I've had TSS, phuenmonea (5) times, and numerous other infections. It seems like my body's ability to fight infections is steadily decreasing. I used to suffer from infections and viruses on a monthly basis, now it just seems like I cant get rid of them. Last time I had strep throat it took 45 days of antibiotics to get rid it. I recently had blood drawn and the results were confusing. Although my thyroid is continually becoming larger my T4 test came back fine. The T3 results were conflicting. The T3 uptake was low while the T3 total was high. My test also reported a WBC of 18 and a neutrophil count of 14000. I have no idea what to think of these results. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:06 am

User avatar Hi taldrich,
You may view my response in your other post.
Click here!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here