News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Thyroid Problems?

malena65 - Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:29 pm

I am 39 years old, within the past 3 years I have gained about 50 lbs. I have various things wrong with me. I stay tired all the time, I have really bad cycles, I through a box of tampons in three days, I have to wear tamons and pads at the same time, I pass clots, I have very low iron. My hair is and skin is so dry, my hands and feet sweal all the time I can hardly wear my rings in the morning. I have leg cramps and the bottom of my feet burn. I have anxiety and panic attacks. Now that I have complained enough let me express to you that I have had my thyroids checked, my mother had to have hers removed. my doctor told me it was low but worked and gave me no meds for it. My blood pressure is higher than before @140/85 which is high for me. I am currently taking 100 mg. of Zoloft daily, and 0.5 mg of Xanxa only when needed, a 30 day Rx usually last me 3 - 4 months. I feel like I am failing apart and I just don't think I am getting the right help I need. I am at my last straw here and I hope someone can help me. I don't know what my test results where however I am sure I can get them if you need them. I thank you so much for your time and understanding. I also want to stress that for some reason every problem my mother has had I too have it almost at the same age. We both had our Gallbladder removed at 28 years old and have the same dental problems, if that makes sense to you. :?:
 Ms. T - Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:17 am

I'm recently in remission of my over active (hyper) thyroid. But now I've put on so much weight. I see my doctor 3 times a year including blood test. I would like to know if you heard of the Colonix program & is it safe to use. The full name is "Colonix Advanced Internal Cleansing Program". I just want to make sure it's safe to use with thyroid disease. My doctor told me my remission may not be permanent. I'm not on any medication at this time. :(

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here