News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: parathroid problem?

sherfy - Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:26 am

I have blood calcium at 11. I wake up in the middle of night constantly, get depressed, constipated, tired, lazy, cannot remember anything, my heart pounds at odd times and my resting heart rate is frequently faster (around 90) than it used to be. Now my neck and elbow hurts. I also have low estrogen, I am 49 and apparently menopausal. I feel like am becoming unable to function but then I question myself if I am not just ebing lazy. Thanks for advise you may have to offer.
 spudsmacm - Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:22 pm

It is possible that you have a problem with your parathyroids. These glands control the calcium level in your body. These symptoms are making me believe that your problem could initiate there.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here