Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: sweating and dripping wet all the time

harleygirl - Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:52 pm

:?: please help my mom is 68 years old and has diabetes and she is always dripping wet with sweat sometimes she is so wet she looks like she just walked in out of a rain storm her doctor says he does not know what is wrong they ran tests but,can not find anything wrong so if anyone out there as any idea please please help us we are desperate thank you.
 littlebuddy - Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:32 am

She may be experienceing low blood sugar levels at the time. I am a Type 1 Diabetic, and have been for 10 years. I know that when I go low I sometimes get cold sweats and have to eat something sweet. Juice usually helps the best. I would check her blood glucose at the time it is happening to see if that is the case.

littlebuddy