Question: Low sex drive/Enlarged prostate

dixiemom8203 - Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:54 pm

I am actually posting this for my fiance. For the past two weeks he's been on 3 different medications for an enlarged/infected prostate. He's not good at talking to the doctor about his male stuff particularly bc he's 28 and feels that he shouldn't have had "the finger up the butt" exam. All three meds they put him on he was allergic too, the first contained sulfur which caused him to violently vomit for 4 hrs or more. The second just made his whole body ache and he felt like he had something else wrong with him that just his male problems. The last one cause his chest to ache and he couldn't take a full breath in without it hurting (this was Levaquin). Now for about 4-5 days he's been feeling a sense of depression and loss of interest in sex. He says he wants it he just can't bring himself up to it...basically he has to force it (I think he feels like he's neglecting my needs if he doesn' t but I assured him that's not the case and that he needed to tell the doctor). Now he just doesn't want to talk to the doctor anymore bc we don't have insurance and he can't afford a major medical bill plus the cost of prescriptions. He also has hypoglycemia and is not taking any current meds in the past 2 days. On his low sex drive....I was reading an article that mentioned Hypogonadism, could all those meds have put him in that state?? If so will we ever be able to have children? Thank you so much, I appreciate all answers.

~Beckie~
 dixiemom8203 - Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:39 am

I know this is a volunteer thing but I was curious if anyone else besides a doctor has experienced this type of thing...thanks.
 dixiemom8203 - Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi thank you for not responding...its been oh...lets see...3 months almost.

Is there anyone out there that can give us advice on his problems?

|