Question: Some Sexual Doubts

vinodhkumarmca - Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:50 am

I am Vinodh. Working in IT field. I need to clarify some doubts in having sex with my partner.
The following are my doubts.
#1) Per day maxuimum how many times I can have sex with my partner. I am able to have more number of times (nearly 5 times) per day. If I have more number of times like this, is there any harm?
#2) If my spouse is Pregnant, can I have sex with her? If so upto how many months (before delivery) I can have sex with her? and how many times per day I can have sex with her?

Thanks,
Vinodh
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:44 pm

User avatar Hi Vinodh,
There's no limit to the number of times you can have sex during the day. As long as both of you want it, then both of you can have it.
If you're wife is having a normal pregnancy, sex is considered safe during all stages of the pregnancy. A normal pregnancy is one that's considered low-risk for complications such as miscarriage or pre-term labor. Talk to your doctor, nurse midwife, or other pregnancy health care provider if you're uncertain about whether you fall into this category.
Of course, just because sex is safe during pregnancy doesn't mean that a woman will necessarily want to have it! Many expectant mothers find that their desire for sex fluctuates during certain stages in the pregnancy. Also, many women find that sex becomes uncomfortable as their bodies get larger. You and your partner need to keep the lines of communication open regarding your sexual relationship.
Many women find that they lose their desire and motivation for sex late in the pregnancy - not only because of their size but also because they're preoccupied with the impending delivery and the excitement of becoming a new parent. This is when you as a husband should be understanding.
Another important point is that many say that it may not be safe to have oral sex. Blowing air into the vagina has been associated with venous air embolism following orogenital sex during pregnancy. This can be fatal to both mother and fetus.

Regards,

|