News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Some Sexual Doubts

vinodhkumarmca - Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:50 am

Hi,
I am Vinodh. Working in IT field. I need to clarify some doubts in having sex with my partner.
The following are my doubts.
#1) Per day maxuimum how many times I can have sex with my partner. I am able to have more number of times (nearly 5 times) per day. If I have more number of times like this, is there any harm?
#2) If my spouse is Pregnant, can I have sex with her? If so upto how many months (before delivery) I can have sex with her? and how many times per day I can have sex with her?

Thanks,
Vinodh
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:44 pm

User avatar Hi Vinodh,
There's no limit to the number of times you can have sex during the day. As long as both of you want it, then both of you can have it.
If you're wife is having a normal pregnancy, sex is considered safe during all stages of the pregnancy. A normal pregnancy is one that's considered low-risk for complications such as miscarriage or pre-term labor. Talk to your doctor, nurse midwife, or other pregnancy health care provider if you're uncertain about whether you fall into this category.
Of course, just because sex is safe during pregnancy doesn't mean that a woman will necessarily want to have it! Many expectant mothers find that their desire for sex fluctuates during certain stages in the pregnancy. Also, many women find that sex becomes uncomfortable as their bodies get larger. You and your partner need to keep the lines of communication open regarding your sexual relationship.
Many women find that they lose their desire and motivation for sex late in the pregnancy - not only because of their size but also because they're preoccupied with the impending delivery and the excitement of becoming a new parent. This is when you as a husband should be understanding.
Another important point is that many say that it may not be safe to have oral sex. Blowing air into the vagina has been associated with venous air embolism following orogenital sex during pregnancy. This can be fatal to both mother and fetus.

Regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here