News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Spotting for 2 weeks now

Me257 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:17 pm

I am so sorry i posted in the wrong place before..

I am a 33 year old women, I have been vaganal spotting for about 2 weeks not pregnant for no reason, I know I am very stressed out this year alot has happened in my life that hasn't been very good.

It is more of a brownish then a red, why am I doing this and how can I stop it?

I did take the depo shot last year in June 06 and I spotted and bleed for 7-8 months then it stopped and I did get pregnant but has a miscarriage in july 07 all was ok with me, now I am spotting again and it is not stopping. I am not having any pains.
I am not on any medications.

Could this be due to my stress or could something be really wrong with me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
Spotting is generally in the range of normal hormonal fluctuation and many women experience it at times, but if it doesn't let up, it would be worthwhile to have an exam. There may be something the doctor can do to help regulate things so you won't have to deal with the nuisance of spotting.

Good luck
 JessOpal - Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

I have kind of the same situation, only I was spotting for three days before my period. When i was bleeding it was heavier than normal. My period ended June 27th and I'm still spotting to this day. some days its brown and some days its bright red. it also has a bad odor. im a very clean person and take showers every day and it still smells. I would just like to know why im spotting still two weeks after my period was done.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here