Question: Red irritation on Penis Shaft

number2hikey - Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi there. I am a male, 22 years old, and the last time I had sex was about 7 years ago (I kid you not.) Anyway, a few days ago all of a sudden the skin near the head of my penis became red and irritable and there were small, off-white patches on my shaft's skin. but these patches were very small. The infection, whatever it is, seems to stay at the head of the shaft and at the base of my penis' head. The head of my penis is not affected. It doesn't really itch at all, but when I masturbate it gets painful and it gets worse. It even bled at one point.

I have been putting antibiotic cream on it, and also anti-fungal cream, but this doesn't seem to work. Any diagnoses as to what this could possibly be? I've been reading a lot on the interent and now I'm wondering if it's a male yeast infection. like I said, I haven't had sex on over 7 years, but I do masturbate a lot. If anyone has any insite, please tell me!
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:41 pm

User avatar Hi!

A lot of infectious agents can cause a problem similar to yours. Scabies and body lice (pediculosis) are agents apart from common agents of venereal pathology. It would be best to visit your doctor, because different causes may require different modes of therapy.

bill
 okthen - Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:17 pm

I have the same issue. Its more on the middle of the shaft. I thought it was from masterbating and having sex for a long period of time. Is this a STD? Can I pass it on to my female partner? I went to the doctor and he took a test on it. I will hear back in a little bit. It heals very quickly if left alone.
THanks
 jackthelad - Sat May 23, 2009 8:49 am

hey
how did you end up getting rid of the red patch!
ive got the same but am a lil emarressd to go 2 the docs

how did they treat it?
 gaijin36 - Thu May 28, 2009 2:24 pm

I have a similar problem. I have red spots on the head of my penis that vary in coloring from time to time. It seems redder after excercise or sex. I had a fully battery of STD testing, all negative. I have tried everything from antibiotic creams to antifungal to no avail.
 lukas74 - Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:55 am

Hi guys!

I developed an irritation on my penis shaft about a week ago (red patch and bumps) I remember shaving the area a day before. The irritation doesn't itch, hurt or resemble any cuts. It is just there. I applied a few creams but nothing happens. I do not believe it is an STD since I always use condoms, but you never know. I had sex about 2 weeks before, and got a BJ without a condom.

Should I be concern about this? What can I do to get rid of the irritation? could this be something more serious or just the result of shaving?

Thanks for your help!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

User avatar Hello,This is most likely to be a folliculitis after shaving.The organisms gain entry through the hair follicles and form papules and pustules.Most respond to ext applications but if it is deep may need oral antibiotic.Best wishes.

|