Question: Low amount of ejaculate

keelyaimee88 - Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:18 pm

My boyfriend and I have had sex every day for the last several days. Normally he ejaculates a lot of semen. But today and yesterday his ejaculate was little to none. There is at least a twelve hour period between us having sex. He has also complained of a lack of breath during sex. Is it safe to have sex more than once a day in his condition? Could he potentially hurt himself with continued sex and even lower amounts of ejaculate?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:17 am

User avatar Hello,The sperms are produced by the testis but the semen as it comes out is not just the sperms, but the fluids from the seminal vesicle and the prostate along with the sperms.
The ejaculate would be about 1tsp full.Frequent discharge, while not harmful could lead to lesser ejaculate.The bulk of the volume is from the seminal vesicles and rest from the prostate and sperms.
While it may not apply in your boyfriend's case some times a block along the tract could lead to lesser secretions.Retrograde ejaculation is where the ejaculate gets diverted back.
You need not worry about this transient episode, in this case of your friend.