Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: morning after pill effectiveness

rihanna225 - Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 pm

i took norlevo about 5 hours after intercourse. i was supposed to get my periods 3 days after that but now it has been 5 days and still don't have it. could i be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 pm

User avatar Hello,
There is a chance, since no birth control is 100% effective except abstinence but it is not likely based on the information provided here. I suspect your period has been affected by the high level of hormone in plan B and possibly stress. If your period does not start in a week or so, you could take a home pregnancy test for peace of mind. The hormones will not affect the results of the test.

Best wishes.
 rihanna225 - Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:39 am

thanks for that. it was delayed by stress. my period came just over a week after i took the pill.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us