News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump above clitoris just below pubic hair line

bake0190 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:37 am

Hey I'm 19 years old, I have a lump just under my public hair line and just about my clitoris. There is no head or anything on the lump, it is under the skin. At first it was a bit painful but now its not as painful, I was trying to squeeze it (thinking it may be a pimple?). Do to the squeezing it has grown a bit. It is more hard than soft. I just had sex the other night (Saturday), but did not use a condom for about 20 seconds, after that used one. I'm very worried it could be a STI or STD or something, but hopefully its just a cyst or pimple. Thankyou!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:20 pm

User avatar Hello,
This does not sound like an STD but more likely a cyst or infected gland. Give it time, use warm moist packs or sitz baths for comfort and avoid squeezing - tempting though it will be. Chances are it will resolve on its own but sometimes a doctor is needed to remove it.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here