Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump above clitoris just below pubic hair line

bake0190 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:37 am

Hey I'm 19 years old, I have a lump just under my public hair line and just about my clitoris. There is no head or anything on the lump, it is under the skin. At first it was a bit painful but now its not as painful, I was trying to squeeze it (thinking it may be a pimple?). Do to the squeezing it has grown a bit. It is more hard than soft. I just had sex the other night (Saturday), but did not use a condom for about 20 seconds, after that used one. I'm very worried it could be a STI or STD or something, but hopefully its just a cyst or pimple. Thankyou!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:20 pm

This does not sound like an STD but more likely a cyst or infected gland. Give it time, use warm moist packs or sitz baths for comfort and avoid squeezing - tempting though it will be. Chances are it will resolve on its own but sometimes a doctor is needed to remove it.