Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Plan B and Next Choice Taken the Same Month - and a Question

Alicia891 - Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:36 am

Hi,

I have some question that everyone just happens to have a different answer. Can sperm go through clothes? Some say yes others say no. As for me, I was taught that the man actually needs to get his penis inside a woman's vagina (have direct contact) in order to sperm to go in and find an egg. I need an official answer from someone that actually went to medical school.

Twice this month my friend and I got a little too close to each other. I was wearing pajamas ( long pants and underwear) he was wearing his briefs. Things got a little out of hand, but we still kept our clothes on. He did rub himself against me ( but high on my front thighs, almost near). This happened twice this moth (two weeks in between). The first time he was wet ( i was too -- but I did change my underwear after), the second time he wasn't (the second time I was wearing a pantyliner). Im currently not on birth control. I did take Nextchoice the first time (the day after it happened), Plan B the second time (almost near 72 hrs of when it happened). I know some may say this was unnecessary, but better safe than sorry

I took Plan B two days before my period ( but my period is irregular like most women), is there still a chance that I can get my period, or will the high amount of levonorgestrel (more like double the amount due to Next Choice) stop it from coming at the prospective time?

But I just need to know, is there a possibility that I can still be pregnant even if we didnt have direct contact and I took the precautions listed above?

I have to say I'm concerned...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:47 pm

User avatar Hello,
The chances of you being pregnant are practically non-existent. I know of no documented case where pregnancy occurred when there were clothes in the way. Penetration and insertion of sperm inside the vagina is necessary.

Having taken plan B you pretty well assure that even this miraculous conception could not happen. But, it can affect your period so don't let that worry you. It can even take a few months for things to get back to normal following this high dose of hormone.

I would recommend finding another method of birth control to save you this grief.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us