Forum Name: Fertility

Question: morning after pill day before i was due whens my next period

jeffy.3 - Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 pm

okay, so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, he did not ejaculate inside me he pulled out. this was 4 days before my period was due and then the day before it was due. i went instantly and took the morning after pill after the second time. I was due for my period the next day. Im now 2 days late, is this expected? is it down to stress? or am i pregnant? please help im worrying soo badly...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Plan B contraception can affect your period so the fact that you are late does not necessarily mean anything is wrong, including pregnancy. Also, since the encounter was late in the cycle (unlikely fertile time) and he did not ejaculate inside, the chances are very slim for pregnancy. You should be able to wait it out and if you are worried still, in about a week, take a home pregnancy test (if your period does not start) for your own peace of mind.

Stress and worry about pregnancy often delays a woman's period as well, so there are several possible causes for the delay. I would be very doubtful it is anything to worry about.