Question: Lump at the base of penis only when erect

tazzman21 - Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:39 pm

I am asking this question for my husband. We have been married for 4 years, both of us have been faithful. He is having pain in his penis only when it is erect. Also he has a lump at the base of his penis on the bottom. The lump is only present when he is erect. It is so much pain that we are not having sex. He says that it feels like no blood is flowing to his penis. We tried having sex and had to stop it was causing so much pain, at that point the bump/lump was bleeding. He thinks it is because it was rubbed raw. He is scared that it is cancer. He has an appointment in one week with his med doctor. any help would be great!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:30 am

User avatar Hello,This could be a plaque of peyronies disease which is not a cancer and is due to inflammation of penile fibrous tissue possibly due to injury.It is painful making intercourse difficult.An ultrasound may be necessary in diagnosis.VitaminE is supposed to be of help in resolution.Injection tretment and surgical procedures are also used with limited value.While it is quite possible that a small infected boil is also causing the problem it is best to get evaluated.Do keep me informed.Best wishes.

2001-2017