Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: getting pregnant after endometriosis

candyland173 - Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:13 am

i had a laperoscopy 3 months ago for minor-moderate endometriosis, it was situated on my left ovary and falopian tube. my partner and i want to try for a child. we are having trouble. i havnt ovulated since the operation and am not on eny contreception. can we get pregnant and if so , how can we speed it along
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:18 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible for pregnancy to occur even with endometriosis and your best chances are in the months following the procedure. Your best chances are to have sex regularly, especially during the days 8 through 19 of your cycle. 80% of women with endometriosis are able to conceive naturally. Your doctor can also discuss therapies to possibly help such as ovulation stimulation medication (such as Clomid) and gonadatropin agonists (such as Lupron).

If you don't within the next 12 to 36 months you might consider assisted reproductive techniques, such as intrauterine insemination or in-vitro fertilization.

The good news is that your chances of conceiving are better than they have ever been due to modern medicine and once you become pregnant, your endometriosis symptoms usually disappear for the duration.

Good luck and best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us