Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Small Penile Nerve Damage Possible

thewinner4gold - Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 am

Male, 19 years of age.

I am experiencing a genital pain. I have just recently been screened completely for any STD/HIV, and I am 100% clear, including bladder infection. I have a pain close to the tip of my penis, around the sensitive ring on the right side. There is absolutely nothing physically there. I am starting to think that I have a very small nerve damage (the area in which it is sensitive to touch is only like a centimeter or less). Sometimes the pain isn't there at all, and I can only feel it when brushed against my clothing. I have not done any rough activities, and don't know why I would have nerve damage. This pain has been here for months now, and at one point at the beginning there was a few days when it hurt a lot more than now, but it then healed a bit.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 pm

User avatar Hello,I do not think there are any problem other than some minor irriration to the mucosa.Also you are clear from STDs and there is no observed changes on the area.There should be nothing to worry since it is settling down.Application of vaseline might help if there is some rough skin.Do consult your doctor for further treatment.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us