Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Women Extenze and the Depo Shot?

etpak907 - Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:53 am

Is it safe for my girlfriend to take a natural female enhancement (Women Extenze, or other such as Maca root or horny goat weed,) while she is on the Depo Shot? On the Extenze website it did say three ingredients could potentially reduce the effectiveness of birth control. Those ingredients are: Black Cohosh, Wild Yam and Licorice. She is taking it because the Depo shot has decreased her sex drive quiet a bit, and we want to try and revitalize it.

Thanks for the help and advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

I cannot advise you about alternative treatments and herbal remedies. These are not regulated and tested in the same way as other drugs so we cannot say if there will be any detrimental effects or not. However, most women respond best to other methods to increase arousal and interest. The emotions and relationship issue have a large effect on her. About 40% of women report a disappointing level of sexual arousal. There is research being done to try and find a safe and effective women's libido enhancer but it is not here yet. I would advise caution about what you read on the internet and are sold. If you meet with an herbalist, you might get some help but they may not know the interactions with other prescription drugs.