News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: rhs positive and pregnant

sinful - Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 pm

my 34 year old daughter who is 27 weeks pregnant was just diagnosed as rhs positive...was told that her particular diagnoses was refered to as the big E...could anyone give me more info on this...thanx
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
I am a little unclear on this question. I am not familiar with "the Big E" and if you are talking about Rh factor, it's the negative mom who has concerns since her baby could be positive and that creates a potential problem if the baby's and mom's blood should mix at birth or through trauma. A negative mom receives a rhogam injection before the end of the pregnancy and again following delivery if the baby is positive. If your daughter is Rh positive she does not have the Rh factor.

However, if you mean that she has already been sensitized following the birth of another child (or miscarriage, abortion) that is another story. If you have information about this, it would be helpful. The term would be Rh sensitization. I am wondering if this is what is meant by the Rhs you mention. Usually the Rh factor (quite common) is just that, without the "s" so I'm a bit confused.

Let us know if this does not answer your question.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here