Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Could my girlfriend be pregnant from pre-ejaculate?

TDP_107 - Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

On Monday July 19, 2010 my girlfriend and I were partaking in foreplay. We had showered together and then proceeded to partake in the foreplay in my room. We were both nude and fear that pre-ejaculate may be a factor in a possible pregnancy specifically because I had masturbated an hour to an hour and a half before and hadn't urinated before the foreplay. Our genitals were rubbing together and were very close to penetration but penetration never occurred. She had taken "Next Choice" emergency contraceptive approximately 18 hours after the activities. She has an irregular period, and feels that her last one began around June 26th. After using a ovulation calculator we estimate that there is a possibility that she could have been ovulating when she came in contact with the pre-ejaculate but we don't think she was on her most fertile day. She does not know when her next period is, our best estimate is 2-2.5 weeks. Can anyone enlighten us on the possibility of her being pregnant? I've heard sperm can live in the urethra after masturbation without urination afterward, but does the situation really call for as much worry as we're putting into it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:26 pm

It is very difficult for sperm to get where it can fertilize an egg without penetration. In fact, it is nearly impossible. So try not to worry too much about this encounter. Having also taken emergency contraceptives it is extremely unlikely pregnancy could have occurred.

It might be good for you to discuss birth control methods to avoid future scares and need for such strong hormones which will likely further disturb her cycles.

2001-2017