News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Pregnant after surgical abortion

stinker1212 - Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:35 am

Hi ok so i had a surgical abortion on the Fourteenth of July, i started taking the pill on the 18 which would have been the following Sunday. Me and my boyfriend have been having sex the odd time even though i understand we are not suppose to for many reasons,but i would really like to know of the possibiity of me being pregnant again and when would i know...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 am

User avatar Hello,
If you have been taking the pill as prescribed you should be safe from pregnancy. This is a very reliable method of birth control when taken daily. You should not need to worry about pregnancy but of course you should report any signs of infection, discharge, unusual pain or excessive bleeding relating to the recovery following the abortion.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here