Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: small white dots on my labial minora?

nightsky3 - Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 am

Hi due to mistakes i made i now have a labial minora and on them there are white dot on them.i'm kinda scared cause im only 13 and i don't want to tell my parents about it but i have no idea if their dangerous to my health or not.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 pm

You did not indicate what the mistakes were that you made. Are you saying you have had intercourse? Are you worried about a sexually transmitted infection? If not, it is probably nothing to worry about and could be caused by yeast or some kind of dermatitis, but you would need to see a doctor to be sure. So, if it does not go away, schedule an appointment with a family doctor. It is wise to have periodic "well child" exams to discuss any needed immunizations and other health matters. You should be able to speak privately with the doctor, without your parents. A good doctor will allow for some private consultation time so any sexual concerns can come out without the presence of your parents. You might make the appointment and then ask to speak to the doctor's assistant and explain that you hope to have some private time, even if your parents are there. That way the staff can request the parents wait outside, rather than you being in the position of making that request. Ask that they make a note of it so when they call you back to see the doctor, they can ask your parents to wait for a bit.

I hope this works for you so you can be at ease about your normal sexual development. I could not begin to diagnose through this medium as it would be important for the doctor to actually see it and consider this with the rest of your medical history.

2001-2017