Question: penis frenulum completely ripped?

megasaxos - Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:41 am

hi, as i was having a shower and cleaning my penis, i accidentally pulled my foreskin too far back and my frenulum snapped.

a lot of blood everywhere, cleaned up, let it heal, kept it clean. a few weeks have passed, and i examined my penis and it seems the majority of the frenulum is missing, except around halfway through the penis head there is a very thin part attached that i'm afraid will easily rip off completely if i fully pull my foreskin back.

can any doctors give me advice on this?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 pm

It is obvious that the frenulum has been severed due to traction.Now the priority is to avoid infection and to allow it to heal fully. I do not know if you have consulted any doctor.If you have not done so already, you should do so at least now.Ideally, your tetanus immunization history must be looked into and updated if necessary. It may be better to apply an antibiotic creme locally (your doctor will be able to decide on this), as it will help in preventing the prepuce getting stuck and increasing the potential for injury. It is very important to avoid further injury till the healing is complete. A small tag of attached frenulum may remain for a while but, with healing (remodeling) it should reduce in size considerably(or even disappear).