News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: What are the chances I am pregnant after taking Next Choice?

Ran - Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:34 pm

About two months ago the condom broke and I took the morning after pill about 12 hours later no symptoms or anything but I had spotting/bleeding about four days after I took the second pill. I was sure that was a period.

Now it's two months later and I have been having thick creamy discharge and I've been lactating a bit too when I squeeze my nips, I have no had a period in two months.

I had period-like cramps yesterday and have started to have brown discharge today when I pee.

I have had three negative urine tests, I am REALLY trying to avoid blood tests; what are the chances I am pregnant?

I am not on any medication and I have been under stress for taking a G.E.D. and getting a car/job/ about to break off all ties with my family. I heard that stress can lead to delayed periods?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
You have used the method properly and the chances are you are not pregnant. This hormone can affect your periods for a few months as can the stress you mention. The negative testing should be reassuring and the other symptoms are probably also due to the hormones in the Next Choice.

Try to relax. Most of the time the tests are accurate.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here