Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Trying to conceive after a prev Anembryonic Gestation

wannabemom1 - Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:48 am

Hello Doctor! I'm a 32 yr old Female trying to conceive. I'd become pregnant a year ago but was diagnosed with Anembryonic Gestation at 8 weeks, no fetal heart beat was there and had to undergo a D&E. We are trying to conceive again for the past couple of months but with no luck. My periods are normal. My Thyroid Function Test is also normal. What should we do? I've had an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound 2 months ago as part of my routine general health checkup and no abnormality was found. Nothing was examined from the fertility point of view though! Please help us! Many thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 pm

It is considered normal for it to take up to a year to conceive when you are actively trying. I know it is frustrating when you want to be able to determine when this happens but truth is, it is not considered a fertility problem prior to the year mark. Having a previous loss as you did does not increase your risk at all since this is a fairly common event for women. Patience and having regular sex during the most likely fertile time is your best procedure at this time. If you worry about the biological clock you can see a specialist after six months of effort but it is likely things just need time. However, if you are anxious you can get on with fertility assistance sooner that way.