Question: Over-stimulation to impotency?

thehaqq22336 - Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 am

Well, now it's been 5 years I've suffered from a porn and masturbation addiction. It's began to be twice a day again. For the past month, I've noticed that I have no erections, it's just limp, even while mb. Even while viewing p. Which I do try to avoid. And when I do orgasm, it's just as enjoyable as pissing...not enjoyable at all. I do not have an orgasm and my erections are weak. I feel I've permanently destroyed my sex life. This is traumatizing to me and my self esteem. I never feel sexually excited anymore, and when I mb it doesn't even feel good. My orgasms are non-existant, and my erections are so weak it's practically limp. I've tried laying off for like 2 weeks...(the longest I've stayed away was a month once), and have noticed no improvement in my erection nor in my orgasm (not that I tried it out purposely, I just had a relapse). I want to know if my sexual health will ever come back again. Will I ever have another orgasm thats strong? Will I ever get a hard erection? I wonder if I just leave it alone but for a longer period of time, like a month or 2 with no stimulation, if it'll go back to normal? I sure hope so. Please help and advise me. I don't want to lose my sex life forever. Please respond to this and if you've ever dealt with this problem and solved it or know the solution, let me know. I'm willing to try just about everything to fix it. I'm 18 years old. Thank you in advance for your response.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 am

I think you are on the right track in trying to stop the self-stimulation in an effort to return to a more normal state. It is entirely possible that the missing link is a meaningful relationship. If sex is only associated with porn and self-stimulation it can be difficult to get the same from a normal relationship. I would consider counseling to help you get over the addiction and then wait for a normal relationship to be the cause of your arousal. You could find yourself feeling once again more "normal" and your satisfaction much better than it ever was through self-stimulation.

Sometimes we worry too much over the mechanics while neglecting the emotional element. If you can give yourself some time and focus on things aside from sex, the interest will likely come back in a more natural way. I know this is easier said than done but at your age you will most likely be able to enjoy a long and fulfilling sex life. Once you are in a committed relationship, if you find you have trouble with erections there are medications to help but I suspect it will not reach that point.

I would concentrate on your own self-esteem, being successful in other areas of your life, health and body building, intellectual development and other self improvement efforts. The normal evolution of maturity usually results in normal sexual activity but it's important to put this in its proper perspective and priority. Being the best you can be will result in improved self-image, acceptance by others and well-rounded emotional health. Any time addictions enter your life, they take on an improper importance and they control you.

Good luck and best wishes.

2001-2017