Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: bleeding after sex after having a baby

teen-mommy - Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 am

i am 16 and i had a baby 2 months ago, i am breastfeeding and my period is really irregular. i had sex 6 weeks after and blood was on the bed. i went to the dotor dey checked and all the stitchs were gone. i had sex again later on and it keeps happening. what do i do?!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I would take it slowly and be sure you have lubrication. This can be affected by childbirth and if you are a little bit dry the tissues can bleed a little. But, it does not sound like anything to be worried about and as time goes on it will probably get better unless you have rough sex.