Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

Headlines:

The Doctors Lounge Message Archive

This is an archived entry for a more up to date version of this post click here!

"The information provided on doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

arm pain 3 months

General Medical Discussion

Post subject: arm pain 3 months
Patty
- Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:59 am

Hi

I currently do not have a primary physician, but am generally farily healthy. About 4 months ago I noticed a pain in my left bicept area (toward the outside of the arm, feels like it's deep inside the muscle, rather than superficial). Since then I've had intermittent pain. Some days my arm aches, others it doesn't hurt at all. But, even when it's not hurting, as soon as I use it to try to scratch my back or lift it up behind me to put my coat on, I usually a sharp pain in the same area. (Note the pain is not in my shoulder whatsoever). Most of the time, the pain is sharp, once it a while it's excrutiating. Because of the pain my range of motion is limited. Often it's totally pain free, but then I move a certain way and get a sharp (or sometimes excrutiating) pain. For example tonight my family & I were out to dinner and I was sitting in a booth. I think I flinched at a story someone was telling.. all of a sudden I was in excrutiating pain. When my arm is ok, and I do something that bothers it - it feels like the muscle is being pulled and it 'pops'.

The day it began hurting I did not recall anything that could have caused. The only thing I can think of is I do sleep on my left side and maybe that's part of the problem.

I have been doing kickboxing and excercise classes where we punch bags on and off for 5 years. When my arm began hurting I hadn't been to the gym for a few months. Once the pain began I went back to the gym because I thought punching would help work the pain out of my arm. It didn't seem to make a difference.

Please help. I know I really need to see a doctor but I would like to have an idea of what this could be to put my mind at ease.

In advance, Thanks. Patty.

send to a friend

Are you a physician or a nurse?

Would you like to join us and help patients online by volunteering even a few minutes of your time?

Get started here by becoming a member of The Doctors Lounge.

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.