Questions on Brain Tumor Symptoms

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
JBM1

Postby JBM1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:13 pm

35 year old male.
Symptoms: Having headaches 3-4 times a week, worse in the morning. They are never severe and always taken care of by OTC medicine. Most of the time the pain is so minor that medicine is not necessary. Generally I wake up with them and they seem to start in the back. I am worried because of the frequency and a couple of other symptoms. I get some tingling in my left had sometimes and I do tend to zone out sometimes. I don’t think the zoning out is a minor seizure as I don’t seem to have any black areas but now I am not sure. I also often have trouble finding words. Never basic words, but lots of umms before I come up with the correct ones at times ( I work in sales so I talk a lot).

What is the incidence of brain tumors? Do my symptoms match the profile?

I am seeing a Doctor tomorrow but looking for some feedback here as well.

Thanks.

lily118

Postby lily118 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:11 pm

I had similar symptoms of morning headaches, zoning out, and trouble finding the right words. Turns out I had sleep apnea which is a treatable condition. You may want to consider polysomnography to at least rule it out.

Return to “Brain Tumors”