Paget's disease of the breast or yeast infection?

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
guest51

Paget's disease of the breast or yeast infection?

Postby guest51 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:24 pm

I need some advice on this, my doctor was doing a routine check and found a lesion on my right breast, it kind of looks like a small mole and I also have had small, flaky patches that itch on and off, the dry skin also comes and goes. She said it could be a yeast infection but after reading about my symptoms on the internet, it sounds like paget's disease. I'm going for a mammogram shortly, I've been worried sick since reading about this, does this sound like something serious? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: Pagets??

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:33 pm

Hello,
You have not offered much information here such as your age. Pagets of the breast is typically found in people over age 60 and it generally starts at the nipple. Does this describe you?

Mention your concern to your doctor but since you will be getting a mammogram soon, I think you can be assured you are getting the follow-up you need regardless.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

guest51

Re: Pagets??

Postby guest51 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:50 am

I'm sorry for not giving you much information, I'm 53 years old and going through menopause. It started off with a burning itch of the nipple and then I got the flaky skin around the nipple that comes and goes. I'm really concerned about these symptoms and with the holidays here I'm not so sure I'll get answers so quickly.

Return to “Breast Cancer”