I can't pass motion (stools) out since yesterday

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
mohdfairul

I can't pass motion (stools) out since yesterday

Postby mohdfairul » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:09 am

Sex: Male

It is hard 4 me to pass out motion since yesterday, need to go to the toilet every 2 hours. I really feel like passing it out & it pass little only(liquid form) and feel that is so hard and can't pass out. At about 2am, I try my best to pass it out & small size stone(Sh*t) came out. When I try to wash it away(on the floor) because I forced it like hell, it took several seconds to be wash up because the thing is really like a stone...

I have not been passing out about 1 week because I'm on diet so don't really go to the toilet. But when I started to eat alot yesterday, this things happen. It is really pain whenever at my back and hard for me to sit down or lying down.

I have been to the doctor this morning and the doctor only checked and pressed my stomach and gave me medicine "Liquid Parrafin". I don't know whether it is going to cure or not. I can't stand the pain and hope anyone can help me with it whether is going to cure quickly or few days...

Hmm....Thanks!

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Mon May 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Constipation can be quite severe at times. There are several over-the-counter treatments you can do as well. Drinking 6-8 ounces of prune juice a day can help. Also, milk of magnesium can be used. There are several over the counter stool softeners that can help as well.

It can take a day or two for the medicines to begin helping. If you're not getting relief you should follow up with your doctor.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

Return to “Colon and Rectal Cancers”