mass on scrotum

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
joebdoe2

mass on scrotum

Postby joebdoe2 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Hello,

Here is my situation/symptoms:

There is a hard, dense, painless mass on the skin of my scrotum. It is smaller than a pea and is visible because it is very white and the rest of my scrotum is a slightly darker color. There does not appear to be any hair growing out of it. I am 21, and have some family history of cancer but not testicular cancer. I am on no medications.

I do not think that it is cancer because it is attached to the scrotum and not the testis. Could this still be cancerous? Is this something that I should be concerned about? If it is some kind of virus could it spread if I wait a few months before seeing a doctor? Any insights I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 pm

If this was testicular cancer I would expect it to be on the testes rather than the scrotal sac. Perhaps it is a benign cyst or infected follicle. If it doesn't resolve on its own, you should see a doctor. I am doubtful this is anything of an emergent nature so you should be able to wait a little while before seeing the doctor unless you get an increase of pain, signs of infection such as swelling, redness, fever, etc. .
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Testicular Cancer”