Lump on inner thigh

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
drew0076

Lump on inner thigh

Postby drew0076 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:27 pm

I am a 32 year old male that noticed a small marble sized lump close to where my thigh meets my groin. (it is located on my thigh side) I noticed this lump about 2 weeks ago and have been watching it. It appears to have grown enough to notice a size difference. It is not painful. any suggestions?
I did see that a 25 year old male had two lumps on the inner thigh, but I do not believe that we are discussing the same issue.

Dr. Safaa Mahmoud
Medical Doctor

Re: Lump on inner thigh

Postby Dr. Safaa Mahmoud » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Hello,
It is probably a lymph node (inguinal) as it occurs in a lymph node region. Inguinal nodes are usually considered abnormal when larger than 1.5 cm.

Common causes of enlargement include infections in the area drained by this lymph node like the leg or foot, genitourinary or the lower part of the abdominal wall. Following recovery from infection or inflammation nodes regress in size but never to their normal size thus remain palpable.

Clinical examination is essential to define the characters of this swelling and the need for further evaluation by investigations. So, I advise you to follow up with your doctor.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards.
This answer does not substitute for direct medical consultation.

Dr. Safaa Mahmoud.
MB BCh, MSc Internal Medicine. MD Medical Oncology.
PhD Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Science.

Return to “Cancer of Unknown Primary”