confused about diagnosis of stage 3 ckd

Anything else goes here!

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
mccld

confused about diagnosis of stage 3 ckd

Postby mccld » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:50 am

i an a 56 year old female with no history of any physical problems. I weighed about 246 pounds at the start of this problem and i now weigh about 188 pounds. I take a florsidiimined? and another diaurectic that is supposed keep my potassium up. About 8 months ago i developed carpal tunnel syndrome in both hand and i also began to swell in my legs and hands My blood pressure is pretty consistantly 110/70 or lower. My glucose has been around 105 on every lab test. My creatinine is 1.3 and has been this way for the last 6 months. They have taken chest xrays, a doppler ultra sound to r/o heart diesease, a ultral sound on my kidneys which said my kidneys were sligtly larger then 10 cm but that there was a mass on my right kidney. I then had a ct scan which found no mass but that my spleen appeared to be enlarged.
All other tests other thanlow potassium, have been in the normal range. My doctor has offered no explanation for this and other than the diurectic and watching my salt intalke I am not following any type of treatment plan. Is there anything i should be doing?
thank you

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I'm a little uncertain as to your actual diagnosis. It appears that you may not have an actual diagnosis. Your blood pressure is well under control so the diuretics you are taking appear to be working very well or you are taking them for a different reason.

You may be helped by seeing a nephrologist to better characterize your kidney issues.

Please feel free to post a follow up if we can be of more assistance to you.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

mccld

diagnosis

Postby mccld » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:21 pm

i am seeing a nephrologist>it Is the nephrologist who told me i had stage 3 kidney disease, but never gave me a reason for it. The last visit she told me to come back in 6 months. At the same time, a ct scan said that i had a possible enlargement of my spleen and the nephrologist referred me to a gastroentrologist. He said that he could feel a definite enlargement of the spleen and possibly the liver.
I am not feeling particularly ill,the only problems i am having are joint pain and swelling. i would really like to know why this is happening.

Return to “Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics”