atrophy

Anything else goes here!

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
bleu

atrophy

Postby bleu » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:36 pm

i have been diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome since i was little-about 4 years old-i am now 25 and i recently noticed that my left leg is extremely smaller than the right-its actually the whole left leg including my buttocks-i don't know what to do-i havent been to the doctor because i don't have any medical insurance and i don't know what else to do-its making me extremely depressed. ive always been slim so i never noticed this problem untill recently when i put on a few pounds-its like the muscles in my left leg has completely deteriorated

can anyone give me any advice[/b]
bleu

DeLWolcott

Postby DeLWolcott » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:43 am

It would be in your best interest, in fact it is very important, that you find yourself a clinic that will work with you on a payment plan and get in see a physician as soon as you can. Do not let this atrophy get any worse as it may get to the point where it is not reversible at all.

Check with local health department or university medical system if there is one close. Surely there is a hospital system nearby that will be willing to work out a payment plan.
De Lyn Wolcott, CPhT
Certified Pharmacy Technician
American Medical Association Alliance member
Medical Transcriptionist
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
National Pharmacy Technician Association

Return to “Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics”