anal bumps, no pain

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
lsk07

anal bumps, no pain

Postby lsk07 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:38 am

A month or two ago, I felt an uncomfortable pain in my anal area and there was a large lump present. the next day, it seemed to have burst and i thought that was the end of it. since then, i have had one or two tiny 'sacs' or 'bumps' around the area, that don't hurt and aren't hard. they are located around the opening and have a squsihy feel. i am a 21 year old female with no prior surgeries, problems, diagnoses, etc. the number of bumps varies from 1 to 2, but are always in the same location.

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:48 pm

It is possible that you have some blocked pores or ducts in the skin that are becoming filled with fluid and debris. A skin infection with a bacterial such as staph is also possible although this is generally painful.

If you are sexually active, STD's should be a consideration although from your description it really doesn't seem like an STD.

I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor if the lumps do not go away soon.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

lsk07

RE: anal bumps, no pain

Postby lsk07 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:42 am

Thank you for the response Dr. Lowe,

If these are blocked pores, are they easy to get rid of?

Also, could it be any type of hemorrhoid?

And you mentioned that it may be an STD, but if that were the case, wouldn't it be somewhat painful?

Thank you

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi, in response to your questions, STD's are not always painful.

A hemorrhoid is possible but your description does not make me think this is high on the list. Still, this should be checked for.

Depending on the location of a blocked pore, it may easily be drained or possibly may require a relatively simple procedure to "permanently" open the pore so it does not continue to reaccumulate.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”