Excretion of feces with blood.

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
quantumdecipher

Excretion of feces with blood.

Postby quantumdecipher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:01 am

Male
Family history : Diabetes

I am a bodybuilder and is taking up Andriol Testocaps for a while now. Recently, my feces has blood stains on it. Nothing is aching though. It is just alarming that there is blood in my feces and now with my urine too.

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Wed May 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Blood in the stool can come from several reasons. It may be a colonic polyp that has become irritated and bleeding, hemorrhoids that are bleeding, or irritation of the lining from an infection such as a viral gastroenteritis or bacterial gastroenteritis.

Given that you are seeing blood in your stool and urine I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor to be sure that your clotting factors, etc. are OK as well as look for any other possible causes.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”