Had endoscopy yesterday

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
tiredmom82

Had endoscopy yesterday

Postby tiredmom82 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Male

Erosive Esophagitis

I have this bruning stabing pain right below my breast bone. The pain is pretty bad about an 8 out of 10. The pain also takes my breath away.

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Your description of the pain is very consistent with a condition called pleurisy. Pleurisy is inflammation of the lining of the lungs/chest wall. The pain can be very intense and stabbing. It is often worsened by deep breathing.

Another possibility is a condition called Precordial Catch Syndrome, which probably is a variant of pleurisy.

Both are treated with ibuprofen, although I see that you had an endoscopy indicating that you have some some problem with your stomach. Ibuprofen can worsen stomach irritation so use caution.

If the pain isn't getting any better I would recommend you be evaluated to get a proper treatment plan.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

tiredmom82

Endoscopy

Postby tiredmom82 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:28 am

Thank you

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”